The Illinois High School Powerlifting Association is the home of Team-based Powerlifting in Illinois. Rather than competing as individuals,
athletes compete with pride for their schools.
Meet Entry Fee (Financial assistance is available to all teams, if necessary*)
Minimum 5 lifters; Maximum 10 lifters
At least one coach supervising the team at competitions
* One of the values of the IHSPLA is to provide the opportunity to compete in Powerlifting
to as many student-athletes as possible; therefore, in the event that a team cannot
afford a meet fee, the fee will be waived.
equipment & substance
- Single ply singlet
- Athletic or Olympic Weightlifting shoes (closed toe)
- Undershirt (for Squat and Bench Press)
- Knee-high socks (for Deadlift)
- 6" Belt
- Water & Snacks
- Knee wraps
- Ammonia or other "smelling" stimulants
- All substances on the NCAA banned substance list*
*On the date of the meet, Lifters must consent to random drug-testing. If a randomly selected Lifter fails, the Lifter and the Lifter's Team will be disqualified from the event. If the Lifter tests positive for a Category B substance (anabolic agents), the Team will be ineligible for competition for one year following the violation.